Friday, December 21, 2012

Natural Hair Mist

I have been using a basic water based hair mist since my natural hair journey began.  As I started researching (goggling) hair care I came up with another hair mist that I also enjoy.  I use both daily as I am styling my hair, well not at the same time.  Different days but I mist my hair everyday.  I have natural curly hair and my hair needs moisture so this is a way for me to add that without drenching it and walking around with dripping hair.
Image from: http://water.aiche.org

When you are mixing your hair misters make sure you are careful to clean and sterilize everything you use.  Bacteria and fungi can grow in your recipes and then on your hair.  Always keep products in a cool dry place.  Add preservatives, refrigerate or make only what you are going to use immediately to prevent microbial growth.

My go to recipe that I have been using since the beginning is:
    -water
    -coconut oil
    -add ingredients to spray bottle and shake
One tip is to get the coconut oil to melt is to add warm/hot water and shake.  This usually keeps the coconut oil from solidifying.  However, if it does I run hot water over the bottle or add more hot water inside.

A new recipe that I am trying and like because it makes my hair feel really soft and moisturized:
    -aloe vera juice
    -essential oil (your choice but lavender is good)
    -coconut oil (or any oil of your choice)
    -add ingredients to spray bottle and shake

What are your hair mister recipes? Do you have different ones for different hair issues?

Mist Lightly,
CurlyBeautyBoss

No comments:

Post a Comment