Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Great Hair Gel that Does More than Hold

When I did my big chop one of the first products I used was Fantasia IC Hair Polisher Styling Gel.  I have used it on damp hair, wet hair and dry hair.  I found that it worked best for me when my hair was spritzed with water.  This gel helped define my curls and held my hair styles.  It also left my hair really soft, shiny and manageable.  I realized this one afternoon at the end of the week when I was playing in my hair (apparently this is a curly girl, naturalista no no, oh well) and realized that my hair felt really soft and moisturized.  I started thinking what could it be and realized that I was using IC gel exclusively that entire week.
IC gel is a clear, lightly fragrant gel.  It gives me light hold and slippage without being hard and causing flakes in my hair when it dries.  It says it is "Hard to Hold" but I have short, tightly curled hair so for me it helped define my curls but didn't give me a strong hold.  I picked this gel up in the store because it contained aloe, vitamin E, and wheat protein (which are good for your hair) and NO alcohol.  My curls need water not alcohol.  
There isn't much I didn't like about this gel but it did not provide a strong hold.  When I tried to lay down my hair using this gel, it did not work for me.  I mainly used this gel in styles where my hair was out like wash and gos.  You can buy this gel just about any store for around $4.00 for 16 oz of product.  I also reuse the  container for my homemade products.  Have you guys tried this gel? How did you like it or didn't like it and why? What gels do you use?


Happy Styling,
CurlyBeautyBoss


No comments:

Post a Comment