Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Coconut Oil Uses

Let me start by saying I am a coconut oilaholic.  I use it on everything.  However, some forums boost 101 uses, 160 uses 333 uses of coconut oil and the list just goes on and on.  This blog is dedicated to the simple ways I use coconut oil that has worked for me.
This is the brand I am currently using.

I first started using coconut oil as part of my weight-loss regimen 2 years ago.  I went into the vitamin shop and asked about coconut oil and the girl there told me she uses it on her skin and hair.  My first thought was why would you want to put oil on your hair and skin it will make it, oily.  Especially since she had straight, fine, blond hair but her hair did not look greasy and heavy.  Instead it looked shiny, smooth and healthy and her skin was flawless.  But, I still was not convinced.  I was there to buy coconut oil to use in my cooking to help increase my metabolism and energy to lose weight.
            -use instead of butter on toast
            -cooking oil (it burns quickly)
            -baking

Eventuality, I did start to experiment with it on my skin.  It worked great! I would put it all over my body at night and my skin would be soooo soft and moisturized.  It did not clog my pores and make my skin greasy. I have an oily T-zone and am sensitive to new products as it will make my skin break out.  I had no issues with using coconut oil on my face.  As an added benefit it also has anti-aging and anti-wrinkle properties.
               -Eye cream
               -Pre-shave & After-shave
               -Moisturizer
               -Massage oil

I recently started using it as a makeup remover and it works great (see Eye Makeup).

Once I decided to go natural I started researching transitioning, big chop, hair regimens, etc.  What I found that was a staple in most naturalista's hair care was coconut oil! Well I already had coconut oil in my pantry so it was easy to start using it on my hair.  An issue for me was dry, brittle hair and when I started adding coconut oil it helped my hair become soft, moisturized and manageable.  What worked best for me:
           -Pre-poo conditioner
           -Moister sealer
           -Daily spritzer
           -Homemade hair products
Table Spoon of Coconut
Cocoholic,
CurlyBeautyBoss


What are your uses for coconut oil? Do you love it or hate it?

No comments:

Post a Comment